Friday, August 24, 2007

HAPPY STUDYING - GET POSTING YOUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS !

Welcome to the NVQ4 study Forum

Before I begin, please be mindful that the units, posts and threads are related to the NVQ4 Occupational Health and Safety Practise that was live in 2007. Whilst new units have been published, I feel that the blog is worth keeping for those out there who are still studying these units

Use this forum to help you with your studies, bounce ideas off other people, suggest solutions, make study buddies and get your NVQ4 on the right track

Dont worry, you are not alone with your NVQ4 nightmares. We all stay up until 1am trying to complete units, storyboards or even finding evidence.

Get posting !! tell your study buddies what unit you are on and how you are finding it. You will be surprised how many candidates suffer the same late night headaches as you trying to understand the units.

Remember, the more people that know about this blog the better the study opportunities and help you will receive

ALL THE BEST and dont forget: "CMIOSH" is in your grasp

Spread the word and get blogging

Carl West
carl_west_92@hotmail.com

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carl for starting this blog

bit late for me as i have already grey hair and wrinkles after 3 years trying to complete the units

many restless nights (but thats another story)

Good luck with the blog, im sure its a "god send" for all the NVQ4 people

Derek Fasakerly

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea !!!

I start an NVQ4 last month :):)

Anonymous said...

Carl,
found this blog through the IOSH forum. I am looking at taking on the NVQ4, but like many who attempt it, find the "speak" confusing in the way the form criteria and a lack of direction on how to present. This blog however, is an absolute gem of an idea and allows real people to assist each other in achieving their goal. Well done for setting it up.

Anonymous said...

I agree

This blog is an absolute godsend !!!

Where was it 10 months ago???

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Is there a facility on this blog to post attachments?

So you are not firing out hundereds of emails to people who have asked for information.

Carl West said...

Hi,

I am currently working on this

Unfortunately there is no solution at the moment.

The best thing is to cut and paste text onto a post at the moment, failing that... send attachments to everyone

Carl West

Anonymous said...

cheers for setting up the blog carl

good luck

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carl for setting up this website

I have just been looking around the pages on here for the last hour and cant believe that i didnt know about the site a while ago...

i have two more units to do 409 and 410. I can see the finishing line now and things are feeling alot better because of this.

I hope the students get something from this site and help others too

Yours

Margaret Fisher, Nottingham NVQ4 class of 2007

Anonymous said...

Carl/All, best of luck with the blog. I'm hoping to do the NVQ4 in 2008. I'm an oil rig safety advisor in the north sea with 20 years experience. Which - in the panel's opinion! - is the best course provider? Go steady. Ant

Anonymous said...

Carl

I really think this site is an excellent tool. I was told about it the other day whilst driving back from London, Carphone went off so I turned around and went to look at it with a friend.

Told a manager bout it at work he came in next day and lightly punched me on the shoulder, that was his way of saying you know...

Great tool.

Anonymous said...

Looks to be a helpful tool but it stops at Unit 13. What about the other units? I expect to include the environmental unit and if I can summon up enough energy then also the courtroom one as well.


Badger

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

This blog is brilliant and it provides so much help. I just wish I had this when I was studying for my NVQ4. Luckily my friend is about to start hers so I'll pass on the link. I remember how tough it was and this would've been brilliant, but since then I've moved onto other things like health and safety software, that always seems to provide me with a challenge.